Monday 18 March 2013

Some niggly niggles!

It's been a very interesting few days, I'm beginning to think this nephew of mine will be excelling in drama classes and will be the next big thing on Broadway!
I had my massage late on Friday afternoon and ..................................






Oh Sorry! I drifted off just thinking of the heavenly relaxing bliss of it all! As a result I have spent the last couple of days pain free in my back, I've been having terrible sciatic nerve pain which had me in tears all last week, not to mention my fufu feels like it's been hit with a sledge hammer! I forgot how it all felt in the last few weeks with a bowling ball resting on your nether region, so the massage was a welcome delight! Thanks so much to Dianne and Natasha (Squirts Nana and Aunty) for getting the massage for me!!
Now the next day was not so relaxing, I woke up at 7am feeling braxton hicks which just got stronger and closer together, by noon it had gotten to a point where these were not just some niggles, these were feeling like the real thing with a few deep breaths needed on my part so the obstetrician was called, much to my despair my beloved Dereck was not on call that weekend and he has gone away until next Monday but I still struck it lucky and got the other obstetrician who was not Mr. Desert Man with the oh so dried up sense of humour. So if these contractions did not settle or got worse within a couple of hours it was going to be another hospital trip for me, I was ordered on bedrest and shortly after putting my feet up and having hubby come home to take care of hurricane Hunter they eased off.
Think that was the end of it? ....nope they were back again last night, barely a couple of minutes apart with me waddling even more awkwardly like I had a bowling ball sitting on my cervix trying to see some daylight so just when I was about to phone the obstetrician again they stopped. Hmmmm what is this cheeky baby upto? I'm highly doubting I am going to make it to 39 weeks. I'm not too fussed if he does come a little earlier but he cannot come this week as I want my obstetrician doing all the work and not a fill in.....here's hoping you don't see a birth announcement in next weeks blog!


36 weeks along!

The last few days has seen an even bigger awareness in my boy Hunter, all he wants to do is try and detach this baby hanging off the front of me, he covers Squirt like a starfish and looks up at me with a big cheesy grin, you can see the little twinkle in his eye suggesting "you're all mine mummy!!!! no-one else is to get your attention!!" ....He's reminding me a lot of Smeagol guarding his precious. It's cute of course but gosh does it create a lot more work for me trying to meet all of his attention hungry pursuits!

Sara is getting a lot more anxious and impatient, she's not too sure how she will wait less than 3 more weeks but she may be having her eyes hanging out of their sockets with sleep deprivation sooner than later with the rate of all these little tricks Squirt is playing!!
The big day is fast approaching! only 18 more days to go!


18 more days!


No comments:

Post a Comment