Monday 25 March 2013

Eviction notice posted!

"Only two more weeks to go and I get to meet my baby brother aye Aunty!" says Holly.
Yup that's right, well now it's less than two weeks....only 11 more days, at the most!

The majority of women who are heavily pregnant and near their due date come to a point when they just want baby out! Yesterday I hit 37 weeks 2 days along and that was my eviction notice day! I am so physically exhausted and by the time 11am hits I'm ready for bed again,  even though sleeping is impossible and not to mention painful on my pelvic and fufu bones! It literally feels like there is a bowling bowl trying to squeeze itself out every time I walk...well who am I kidding!? there is a bowling bowl trying to squeeze itself out every time I walk! I spent the majority of yesterday snapping grumpily, drifting off to sleep and being tearful and hormonal. Sleep deprivation is always a huge piece of straw that breaks the camels back and I am just really looking forward to being able to sleep a good night's sleep and being able to put on my undies without it being a 10 minute effort that strains the brain like a rubix cube, when you get to this stage it really is a huge physical struggle to do anything from the waist down. You feel like a T-Rex!

Good news is it's Monday and that means this eviction notice I've slapped on my belly is quite welcome to take affect at any time as my obstetrician is back from whatever tropical island he was sipping pina colada's on, I am more than happy to begin my hospital stay now! Let's bring on the newborn cuddles!


37 weeks along!

One thing I always find rather amusing and if I'm honest - annoying; is how hyped up people get in the last couple of weeks before baby is due to make an appearance....If I post one little status on facebook that has the words 'hospital' or 'baby' in it people go into a frenzy like a poorly made zombie movie....they are trying to read between the lines where there is actually no reading to be found and my phone starts going nuts with people wondering if I'm in labour or at the hospital huffing on gas and getting poked with pethidine shots.....the answer is always the same - NO I AM NOT.
I'm pretty sure I have made it clear in the past that if I did go into labour spontaneously I will not be documenting my every move on facebook, you will see no status updates, photo's, comments...nothing, until Squirt has made it into this world and Sara and Lance are ready to let everyone know and have announced it first themselves, after all this is their baby and their news to announce, no-one else's and that no-one else also includes myself. And while we are on the subject of facebook and the wonderful world of phone communication, I also will not give you the time of day my c-section is booked in for, you all know the date is April 5th but the time is secret so in the nicest possible way... stop asking :-P I'm honestly not trying to go out of my way to be a grumpy grump grump biatch, it's just that I feel I deserve a bit of privacy before all the announcements are made and the mayhem begins with newborn excitement, this of course doesn't apply to immediate family or my utmost bestie bestie but don't panic people! It's not like we would not tell you for a week or so then suddenly say "oh by the way...last week we had a baby..." lol.

Anyways......there is actually not much more to post about this week, it is literally a sit and wait time and a countdown of the the 11 days! Bring it on!!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment