Monday 11 March 2013

25 days to go.....

So what number are we up to on the glorious baby countdown? well that number will be 25! yup only 25 days to go!!!! It's very exciting and surreal at the same time to think there will be a brand new baby born into the family in just over 3 weeks time.
A lot of people are asking if I am looking forward to "having my body back"...well yes I am because I really want to sleep on my tummy again and it would be rather lovely being able to get out of bed without the need of a heavy duty crane to pull me out! But the other part of me will really miss being pregnant and I have a long wait until we will be ready to have another baby, not for sanity reasons (well actually that's a lie lol) but more for safety & health reasons. I still get many remarks from people saying once Squirt is born we can get straight back onto completing our family....jez! give me a break and give my body a break, there's only so much human growing I can do at any given time and at the end of the day I have to be sensible and give my scar site time to heal, I'm birthing sun roof babies not exhaust pipe babies afterall!

Big sister Holly is starting to get very excited about the arrival of her baby brother, she really senses it's coming up soon and loves to talk about all the things she will do with her brother.
I saw her yesterday and she ran straight up to my belly waving hello to Squirt, she also got very excited when she saw a "fairy" floating in the wind and I asked her if she made a wish, to which she replied "I wish that Squirt will come out and then he will grow!"
I will miss her first reaction to seeing her baby brother since I will most likely still be in surgery getting stitched up and I'm kinda disappointed in that but there will be a camera there to capture these moments and that's just as good as the real thing in these situations!

So I got my pre-admission appointment confirmed for April 2nd and highlighted on the form it says "this is the appointment before the birth of your baby"....gosh it makes it all so real that this really is happening in a matter of 3+ weeks time! I also have another OB appointment this Wednesday and we are doing the birth plan, well yeah it will be pretty straight forward being that it's an elective c-section but it will also be fun being able to plan skin to skin for Sara etc, I can't wait to see how a "different" birth scenario all unfolds on the day with the new mummy being a completely different woman to the one that just had the baby lol!
My OB will be away the week before Squirt is due to be born *insert major freak out here!*. I have been having some stern words to Squirt saying he must not surprise me and come that week!! I would be gutted to have his fill in "Mr Desert Man", argh can't crack a smile out of that dry personality!

I will make sure to flaunt in my next blog update about the pregnancy massage I am getting on Friday, what bliss!!!! I'll be bang on 36 weeks and yes I am in desperate need of some pampering!! aaahhhhhh I can just imagine all the aches and pains melting away...ok I'll stop rubbing it in....until Monday.
That Friday also has another exciting element added into it, Sara will be getting her head shaved for Shave for a cure. No more hair! Her goal was to raise $750 but she ended up racking in a whopping $1,415!
Only $85 needed to hit the $1500 mark, If you would like to make a donation before Friday please click on this link:
Sara's shave for a cure page.

So that's really about it from me this week, I know, nothing too thrilling to read about but that's all that's really happened in the last week.
So until next week keep well!

No comments:

Post a Comment