Tuesday 4 June 2013

1 + 1 = 2 months on!

Two days ago baby Bennett turned two months old! I cannot believe it's been two months since a makeshift vagina was cut into my stomach to get him out! He is now full of smiles and giggles and much to his mummy's sanity levels sometimes; he's full of alertness! This baby just dosn't want to sleep at all during the day... looks like he's inherited my insomnia, curiosity, and a dash of slight nosiness needing to know what is going on around him! That's ok though, means we get more cuddles!

Smiles!

He is getting so chub chubs now too, no more scrawny little legs; he's now got rolls!! rolls upon rolls of cuteness!

And more smiles!

I'm also suspecting that one of his first milestones won't be too far off - rolling! he's pushing himself more and more onto his side, he'll be on the move before we know it, watch out mama you might have another early crawler and walker on your hands!!

In regards to all the boring legal stuff, we are still waiting for our court date for the judge to finalise the adoption, that could take months though so not holding my breathe for that to happen any time soon but in our eyes Bennett has always been Sara and Lance's baby anyway, I was just a womb on loan for this beautiful boy to thrive in!

Tomorrow Bennett gets to do something very special! He will be celebrating his big sister's 4th birthday!
I cannot believe little Miss Holly is going to be four, I still remember the day Holly was born and walking into the hospital room with a very edgey mum and dad afraid to make the slightest movement incase Holly woke up and started to cry lol! They have come a long way since then, that's for certain!

Holly with her 4th birthday kindy cake

And how am I doing? quite well actually! I can now fit into my pre pregnancy jeans, yayness! I'm just plodding along like I always do, life has settled back into it's normal routine and at times, in fact, a lot of the time I actually forget I was the one that was pregnant with Bennett! I'm just so used to seeing him with my sister that my brain just automatically thinks Sara was the one that did all of that....but my stretch marks and new c-section scar quickly remind me lol!
I have also been blessed with two more nephews since Bennett's arrival! Baby Arlo who arrived on April 30th and Baby Orson who arrived on May 27th! .... my niece/nephew clan keeps growing! It's going to be a very expensive Christmas this year but also a Christmas filled with much more giggles, smiles and excitement running around the house, I can't wait!

We were also very pleased to have the very talented kiwi blogger Summer Cockerell blog about our story too, written so beautifully! you can view it here:
Summer Cockerell's Blog

Well that's about all for this month! xo


1 comment:

  1. Wow, I just cannot stop smiling seeing at these children. They look so cute and charming. I am glad to be a part of Surrogacy In India. Thank you, Amy for posting this article with cute pictures.

    Kisses to Bennett!

    ReplyDelete